We are very excited to host Liz of Verdant for one of our first workshops!
Come join us Saturday October 12th from 10a-12p. Get your tickets now! Space is limited! $60 per person
Lay the groundwork for your home apothecary by learning about botanical body care and crafting your own herbal infusions!
About this Event
What we will do in this workshop:
• learn about different forms of herbal remedies for use in our home apothecary
• look at some common herbs and learn how they can be used to treat ailments
• talk about wildcrafting and herbalism through the seasons
• color an herbal monograph while enjoying tea and light refreshment
• craft our own botanical infusions for use as body oils and for healing salves and balms (next workshop!)
All supplies are included:
• herbalism and foraging books for you to peruse
• an assortment of wildcrafted and organic herbs
• local extra virgin olive oil
• jars and labels
Your take-homes are:
• the knowledge to start building your very own home apothecary
• three herbal infusions: first aid, muscle and joint, and dream time
• recipe and monograph card
• a list of the best places to source botanicals
Tea and light refreshment will be provided.
Meet Liz of Verdant!
Maker, tree hugger and crazy plant lady Elizabeth (Liz) Hodges spent her early childhood years on a 40-acre homestead in Washington State. In 2006, she moved to the Santa Cruz area and here she has completed her B.A. in Global Studies, avidly gardened, raised chickens and goats, started a homesteading blog, served on the Slow Food Santa Cruz board, written for Edible: Monterey Bay and studied horticulture. She now pursues a lifelong study of herbalism, which she holds a certificate in. She founded her apothecary Verdant California in 2015, in answer to her search for nontoxic and accessible, yet effective skin care products. Her favorite thing to do in her free time is to wander about hillsides, learning and identifying plants and fungi and daydreaming about what to make with them.